Driven and successful people achieve a lot in life. But sometimes, they don’t experience fulfillment or happiness. For example, they may feel the need to take care of everybody else while, at the same time, neglecting their own needs.
Physicians, especially, take care of everyone but don’t build self-care strategies into their days. In extreme cases, they lose interest in their passions while pursuing financial peace.
This is not sustainable. And today’s guest, Dr. Mahsa Hojat-Khoshniyat, explains that going beyond basic needs and living a balanced life is crucial to experience fulfillment.
Dr. Mahsa Hojat-Khoshniyat completed a Bachelor’s in Psychology, a Master’s in Social Work, and a Ph.D. in Clinical Social Work at UCLA. She focuses on providing critical insights into a person’s psyche, from understanding the inner child to deconstructing limiting beliefs.
These are some of the topics we cover during the episode:
Creating breakthroughs and epiphanies will help you live your best life. Don’t pull away from your authenticity. Remove the masks and connect with the child you once were to be happy.
“Imagine you are on your deathbed right now, and you are looking back at your life. Do you have any regrets? Is there anything you wish you would have done differently? Are you happy with the quality of the life you lived?” – Dr. Mahsa Hojat-Khoshniyat
In This Episode:00:00 Welcome back to another episode of the Limitless MD podcast
01:22 Introducing Dr. Mahsa
01:53 Dr. Mahsa’s inner child
04:01 Dr. Mahsa’s experiences in Iran and how they influenced her life
06:40 Understanding the trauma that successful people carry inside of them
07:55 Would your family be happy if you weren’t around?
09:18 How to identify if you’re experiencing a lack of fulfillment
11:16 Strategies for helping yourself in situations of despair
15:39 Difference between coaching and therapy
16:40 How to learn more about Dr. Mahsa
17:39 Having a value hierarchy will help you make decisions
19:20 Thoughts on creating a framework for decision making
Resources:– Join our Free community of high-performing physicians: the Physician Wealth Accelerator
– https://vikramraya.com/programs/ – Sign up to my email list– Apply to work with Vik and book a clarity call here – Group Coaching Now Open! Apply Here
Connect with Vikram:– Website: https://vikramraya.com/
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vikramraya/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Vikramrayamd
– LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/vikramraya/
– YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdq9M-kD0L2hy1UlfOK-hwQ
– Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/PsychotherapyHAT
– Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/healandthrive_pc/
– LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/heal-and-thrive-psychotherapy-coaching
– Twitter – https://twitter.com/heal_thrive
– Heal and Thrive Psychotherapy & Coaching – https://www.heal-thrive.com/
Special Thank You to Music Provided by Music Library https://soundcloud.com/music-library-non-copyrighted-sounds/300-violin-orchestra-jorge-quintero-copyright-and-royalty-free