Money can be seen as a tool or accessory to help you achieve your purpose. Therefore, you have to respect money and have a good relationship with it instead of hoarding it. These are some of the valuable reflections that today’s guest, Dr. Latifat Akintade, shared with me.
Originally from Nigeria, Dr. Latifat Akintade is a gastrointestinal MD and founder of The Money School for Badass Physicians. She teaches people to develop an abundant mindset to find security within themselves rather than expecting it from the outside world.
Besides, she hosts the MoneyFitMD podcast and has published the book Done With Broke: The Woman Physician’s Guide to More Money and Less Hustle. This year, she has decided to take a sabbatical from work and live abroad with her family for 12 months.
These are some of the topics we cover during the episode:
You can also have the freedom you crave. And you can also live it on your terms. When in doubt, remember that you have to make extraordinary choices to have an extraordinary life.
“Many doctors do not live life on their terms because they haven’t done the work of figuring out their finances. And, for me, money is the fuel for that.” – Dr. Latifat Akintade
In This Episode:00:00 Welcome back to another episode of the Limitless MD podcast
01:31 Dr. Latifat’s origin story
07:25 How did Dr. Latifat’s relationship with money change over time?
09:38 The meaning of living your life on your own terms
13:31 Why the traditional financial structure isn’t helpful for physicians
17:58 Financial discipline that physicians can start developing right away
22:40 The sabbatical year Dr. Latifat is taking with her family
27:55 Countries that Dr. Latifat will visit during the sabbatical
29:52 How to get a hold of Dr. LatifatResources:– Join our Free community of high-performing physicians: the Physician Wealth Accelerator
– https://vikramraya.com/programs/ – Sign up to my email list– Apply to work with Vik and book a clarity call here – Group Coaching Now Open! Apply Here
Connect with Vikram:– Website: https://vikramraya.com/
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vikramraya/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Vikramrayamd
– LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/vikramraya/
– YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdq9M-kD0L2hy1UlfOK-hwQ
– Podcast – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/moneyfitmd-podcast/id1569810523
– Website – https://www.moneyfitmd.com/
– Book – https://www.amazon.com/Done-Broke-Woman-Physicians-Hustle/dp/1544541112/
Special Thank You to Music Provided by Music Library https://soundcloud.com/music-library-non-copyrighted-sounds/300-violin-orchestra-jorge-quintero-copyright-and-royalty-free