Some physicians work in a private practice or hospital for a while, then change gears to do something different. Others decide to combine their work as MDs with some other ventures. The possibilities are endless.
One of them is developing a startup in the revolutionary health tech space. Bridging the gap between medicine and technology is a reality that offers innovative tools and technologies for MDs to enhance patient care and help underprivileged communities.
With her medical expertise and entrepreneurial mindset, today’s guest, Dr. Renee Dua, is committed to transforming the healthcare landscape and impacting countless individuals’ lives.
Dr. Renee Dua is a nephrologist, inventor, startup queen, successful CMO of Heal, and supermom. This is a masterclass of physicians’ power when they go beyond the stethoscope and change healthcare, technology and entrepreneurship.
These are some of the topics we discuss during the episode:
Entrepreneurs, visionaries and changemakers want to make a dent in the universe, disrupt healthcare, be a voice for patients, and change how medicine operates – because it’s broken, and we all know that. So don’t be afraid to step up if you are one of them. The world needs it.
“It’s really important to hear yourself out and what else you’d like to accomplish, whether it be making more time at home with your family, or starting a second endeavor or doing both.” – Dr. Renee Dua
In This Episode:00:00 Welcome back to another episode of the Limitless MD podcast
00:55 Introducing Dr. Renee Dua
01:33 The origin story of Heal, Dr. Renee Dua’s company
04:24 Why is home healthcare the future of medicine?
05:44 You can do so much more than just treat patients
07:39 Characteristics of the startup Renee
10:43 Is the space of health tech crowded?
12:29 Hurdles that physicians may experience in the health tech space
15:50 Advice for people who have an idea for a startup
18:43 What does Dr. Renee Dua do to feel more inspired?
21:00 Books recommended by Dr. Renee Dua22:54 How to reach out to Dr. Renee Dua
Resources mentioned:– Libby – https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby
– Book “Surrender: 40 Songs, One Story” by Bono – https://www.amazon.com/Surrender-40-Songs-One-Story/dp/0525521046
– Book “Poverty, by America” by Matthew Desmond – https://www.amazon.com/Poverty-America-Matthew-Desmond/dp/0593239911/
Resources:– Join our Free community of high-performing physicians: the Physician Wealth Accelerator
– https://vikramraya.com/programs/ – Sign up to my email list-Group Coaching Now Open. Click here to book a call: www.freedom5doc.com
Connect with Vikram:– Website: https://vikramraya.com/
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vikramraya/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Vikramrayamd
– LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/vikramraya/
– YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdq9M-kD0L2hy1UlfOK-hwQ
– Together App – https://togetherapp.com/
– Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Thank You to Music Provided by Music Library https://soundcloud.com/music-library-non-copyrighted-sounds/300-violin-orchestra-jorge-quintero-copyright-and-royalty-free